Here is a delicious way to serve cauliflower. It is my uncle's recipe. He created it after tasting something similar at Whole Foods. It's an excellent side dish to bring to potlucks, since it doesn't need to be refrigerated. Use as much or as little dressing as you like. Be sure to use plenty of salt. If you don't eat soy, just omit it and use more sea salt.
Crisp Cauliflower Salad
2 heads fresh cauliflower
1 bunch of dill, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
12 oz frozen peas
crushed red peppers (optional)
4-8 TBSP Italian dressing
1 TBSP soy sauce (optional)
2 tsp sea salt or Tony Chachere's seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place whole cauliflower heads in baking pan with 1 inch water. Roast at 450 for 30 minutes.
2. Place frozen peas in small saucepan with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil and shut off stove.
3. Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces. It's best to leave a little core on each piece.
4. Combine crushed red peppers (if using), dressing, soy sauce, and sea salt or Tony Chachere's seasoning.
5. In a large bowl combine vegetables and herbs. Pour dressing mixture over all. Toss to coat.
6. Chill and serve.
Linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday and Ultimate Recipe Swap.