December 10, 2010

Finer Things Friday- Vacation

I didn't fall off the face of the earth.  I was on vacation in Texas, visiting my parents.  I say I was 'on vacation' because my mom helped so much with the kids, but stay-at-home-moms are never really on vacation when the kids are around!  While I was down there, a lady asked if I work, and I said yes, seven days a week! 

My mom, a frequent traveler, always does a 'trip debrief' where she intereviews each member of the family and asks for the highlights of the trip.  These were my answers:

What was the best part?  Going to the aquarium (or the 'prairium' as my son called it).  Seeing old friends.  And my mom babysitting so I could go get a mani/pedi. 

What was the worst part?  Having a cold for most of the visit.  Nothing like being sick while traveling.

What surprised you?  How delicious my uncle's new cauliflower recipe is.  I can't wait to share it with you all!

What did you learn?  You can carry a 33 pound 2-year-old in an Ergo baby carrier through the airport when he's too tired to walk, with minimal back strain. 

How did you grow?  All that restaurant food grew my waistline!

Linked to Finer Things Friday.

No comments: