August 3, 2012

A Paleo Pantry

Yesterday I restocked my pantry for the first time since the July Pantry Challenge began.  It was so exciting to pile my cart with groceries after practicing restraint all last month (yeah, I love grocery shopping, and if that makes me dorky that's okay).  After clearing out many non-paleo items, I was ready to stock up on healthy fare.  Here's what I bought to kick off my 30 Day Paleo Challenge:
-dried apricots
-dried plums
-raisins
-canned tuna
-canned salmon
-canned coconut milk
-green (manzanilla) olives

I already had the following on  hand:
-many types of nuts
-raw pumpkin seeds
-larabars
-canned tomato products
-El Pato sauce (a gluten-free Mexican-style tomato sauce)
-almond flour
-coconut flour
-almond butter
-sunbutter
-mustard
-vinegar
-olive oil
-green and red salsas
-sun-dried tomatoes
-artichoke hearts
-lots of spices!

What else goes into a paleo pantry?
-gluten free jerky (I've bought it from Vitacost)
-coconut oil (I like the refined stuff for cooking savory dishes)
-palm shortening
-other types of canned fish, like sardines
-other types of dried fruit, such as dates

Optional:
-sweeteners such as maple syrup and honey

Switching to Paleo can be pretty overwhelming, but if you start with a pantry full of healthy basics, you'll have endless possibilities!

I challenge you to see how many paleo items are in your pantry already!  Did I leave anything off this list?

1 comment:

miki said...

0813jejeMicron introduit basket homme nike sb leur nouveau design d'une performance substantielle chaussure nike dunk low et une expérience de grande qualité, asics gel fuji attack dam Yamaha FZ16. Habituellement, la livraison air jordan 11 pour femme indiquera un retard mais sera air jordan 5 elephant rapide et dépendra de la basquette hommes nike cortez proximité de votre client au adidas zx flux jaune fluo homme magasin qui fournit le asics gel lyte v toute noir produit. Les mentionnés ci-dessus sont quelques-uns choisis.