August 11, 2012

A Truly Paleo, Fun, Summertime Dessert

Many people in the Paleosphere would consider "paleo" and "dessert" to be oxymorons.  However, I have found a way to get a hint of sweet without breaking my 30 Day Challenge rules.  I was inspired by this post from Simple Bites to try grilling a peach.  I halved a peach, buttered some foil, laid the peach cut sides down on the foil, and cooked it slowly for about 20 minutes (the grill was on high but I put it on the warming rack up top).  When it was done I sprinkled some cinnamon over the cut side.  The end result was a juicy, warmed peach that was comforting and filling, but didn't leave me with a tummy ache.  I also tried this in my oven last night with good results.  Even my husband (who hates cooked fruit) ate one. Sometime when I'm not in the middle of a Paleo Challenge I'll sprinkle brown sugar on the foil and put the peaches on top of that.  I'm also excited to try this trick with pears and apples come fall. 

No comments: