October 29, 2010

Simple Cookie Decorating Tip

I love to make sugar cookies once or twice a year, usually for Halloween, and always for Christmas.  I decorate them with icing, sprinkles, the works.  It's a tradition my mom started and I've carried into my adulthood. 

This week I made some Halloween-themed cookies.  While I was at the store a couple weeks ago, I spotted some black and orange decorating gel.  I purchased it on a whim.  This was the first time I used the gel, and I am so happy with how my cookies turned out:


Here's my new cookie decorating tip: outline your cookies!  Outlining the cookies with the gel really helped define their shape.  Compare the outlined cookies with the ones that aren't outlined, and you can see a distinction.  The outlined cookies really stand out.  It was also great for writing words on the cookies.  I love the little kitty that says "EEK!" 

From now on, I will always use decorating gel when I make my sugar cookies.

Special thanks to Bertha and Bambi for helping me decorate!

How do you decorate your cookies?

4 comments:

miki said...

0813jejeAvant d'être chaussures homme nike presto libéré, les gens pensaient que ce serait une libération air jordan 2018 générale, mais il se trouve qu'ils basket adidas stan smith pour femme étaient exclusifs dans le Flight Club. basket nike air max 90 homme Eh bien, l'homme ou la femme air jordan 5 quai 54 black ebay a raison. Une fois que vous pourriez avoir air jordan 12 taxi femme tout cela en place, j'espère que adidas zx flux k w chaussures vous vous souvenez de trouver votre costume d'Halloween. air jordan 13 femme noir et blanc

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga shoes
curry 6 shoes
cheap jordans
yeezy boost 350
golden goose sneakers
balenciaga
timberlands
moncler jackets
nike air max 2019
supreme new york

sendal said...

mon site Dolabuy Valentino adresse Source mon entreprise Valentino Dolabuy

Anonymous said...

palm angels
off white t shirt
supreme
jordan 6
bape
golden goose mid star
off white clothing
kyrie 9
fear of god outlet
off-white