October 24, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan 10/24- 10/30

This week the goal is to get rid of some random foods that need to be used up, so that's why some of the menus for the week might look a little strange.  I still have a quarter head of cabbage leftover after making Cabbage Casserole and Runsas, so I'm going to make some Roasted Cabbage Wedges.  If they turn out well, I'll post the recipe.  I found some artichokes in the in-laws' cooler, at least a week old, which I'll steam and serve with butter.  My husband is so not a vegetable eater, and he loves these.  It's a great way to get kids to eat some veggies too.  I also found some beef fat in the in-laws' deep freeze, which I'll use to make fried potatoes.  Yummmm.  I guess I am kind of spoiled, having that extra deep freeze and cooler that I can ransack from time to time. 

Sunday, 10/24- Beef and Vegetable Soup
Monday, 10/25- slow cooker fajitas, roasted cabbage wedges (new recipe)
Tuesday, 10/26- hamburger gravy, mashed potatoes, spinach
Wednesday, 10/27- cheesy beef and rice (new recipe), fresh fruit
Thursday, 10/28- steaks, potatoes fried in beef tallow, steamed artichokes
Friday, 10/29- Baked Salmon Fillet, Sauteed Broccoli, Honey Wheat Bread
Saturday, 10/30- leftovers

Be sure to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more meal plans.

 The days are quickly growing shorter.  I guess fall really is here. 

No comments: